I have been providing counseling for the Austin community for the past 20 years. My initial training and education focused on marriage and family, working with couples, children and adolescents. I have since honed my skills working with adults of all ages. I believe there is no better training than to pursue my own therapy, which I have done continuously over the past 15 years. I work primarily from a modern psychoanalytic perspective while borrowing from my earlier training in solution-focused techniques such as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Systems-Centered Therapy.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATION
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the State of Texas
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in the State of Texas
- Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP) by the American Group Psychotherapy Association
- American Group Psychotherapy Association: Member Since 2000
- Austin Group Psychotherapy Society: Member Since 2000, Board Member: 2007-2008
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists: Member Since 1999, Clinical Member Since 2005
- Austin Association of Marriage and Family Therapists: Member Since 1999, Board Member: 2002-2004
Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling from Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
I have a deep commitment to my professional development as a psychotherapist and actively pursue new knowledge and expertise in the field by participating in conferences, workshops, and study groups in addition to my own ongoing therapy.